Sunday, September 9, 2007

I LOVE YOU SON WITH ALL MY HEART!

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
(Lk 15:20)

Unless you’ve experienced estrangement from a loved one, you’d never fully realize the magnitude of the reunion. Never knowing if they’re alive or dead, safe, well or cared for. Never knowing if they could find it in their heart to forgive you for allowing such a situation to arise in the home that drove the Prodigal out in the first place. The depth of the heart, straining wildly with love and emotion; the whole internal workings of your body in contortion through compassion and remorse.
The daily dealing with the taunting reality, that in your lifetime you may never see them again and wishing things had been very different. Then to see that loved one; your son, coming home!

In hope, against all hope, you’d hoped in God that one day, some day, somehow your loved one will come home and be reunited with the family.
And you see him afar off, it is he coming down the road. You can’t wait, dignified and proper, there’s no point to prove, there’s nothing to lose… your son is coming home.

Running to meet him, words fail because they all come at once and nothing is said but you embrace your son with everything of love you have and kiss him on the neck. Oh thank you God! Thank you!

You’re not expecting him to be the same cause you’re not the same… My son was lost but now he is found! Praise the Lord! When he left he was young and impetuous, I was proud and uncompromising but now we have met on the roadside and on middle ground.
And at that moment I witnessed my son become a man and face squarely the issues in his heart. I was so proud I could burst! And then he said
“Dad I just want to you to tell me … that you love me!”

Be Encouraged!
Pastor Paul